This week, I went to a concert, and at my unc age, I guess standing up for more than 2 hours took a toll on my body. What am I? 65 years old? A senior citizen? I'm only 23, oh my goodness. Anyway, for some reason my back has felt totally shot, and so I thought Tylenol? Ibuprofen? What's that? So, I busted out the ol' green yoga mat and took some time to myself to take a couple deep breaths and decompress. After just 20 minutes, my body felt better, and it reminded me of why I enjoyed yoga in the first place. I was pretty consistent with my yoga routine, doing a couple of minutes every day, but for some reason I had dropped it and had not picked it back up for a few months, it seems. But doing a couple of minutes of yoga again has hopefully set me in the right direction, and I hope to keep getting back in the groove.
Once, I saw a post that said an hour of yoga is only 4% of your whole day, which motivated me to set a goal to do it every day. However, with work, errands, life, etc., it can be hard to fit in an hour. I just want to remind myself that it doesn't even necessarily have to be an hour. Just taking 5-20 minutes can be so beneficial. I mean, my screen time is crazy, and unfortunately, I don't think my FYP on TikTok is making me a better person or helping my mental health. So, as a reminder to myself and maybe others in my position, put the phone down for a minute and find something actually beneficial to you. Whether that be doing yoga, taking a walk, or reading a book, do something for you. It's just that first step that's hard, but it is always so rewarding.

i want to start doing yoga soooo bad
ReplyDelete