Thursday, August 13, 2026

Being a Fangirl

After having an uber-stressful week, I watched Spider-Man: Brand New Day again. And, oh my gosh, it was even better the second time. The first time I saw it, I made sure to go to the Drive-In Theatre so I could scream in my car without bothering anyone, which was the right choice because I was going crazy LOL. The second time, my sister and I got barricade and were in the front row at the Dolby Cinema at AMC, which is as close as you can get to IMAX without it actually being IMAX. It was sooooo good in the Dolby Cinema. Going to the movies more this summer has just reiterated my love for the cinema, and with the new Spider-Man movie coming out and Doomsday coming out later this year, the fangirl in me is coming out of retirement.

I love being a fangirl, watching the movies, the interviews & funny moments, and reading one-shots & fanfiction. Being a fangirl is such a big part of me, and one time one of my oldest friends said, "When I think of a fangirl, I think of you." This kinda sounds silly, but I thought this was someone who really understands me. When I was 12 years old, my fangirl phase really started with One Direction, Magcon, Harry Potter, and, of course, Spider-Man. Now, being a little older, it feels like I'm losing my whimsy and my fun; being an adult is draining the fun out of me and leaving me with just chores and work? Since going to the movies a bunch this summer, I think a little piece of my heart has been restored. I just have to wait to find some good one-shots on Tumblr, and then I'll probably be back to normal. Anyway, I just wanted to harp on the idea that I LOVE being a girl. I love having strong feelings about the things that I like. I love that us girls can find a safe and supportive community, especially here with these blogs. I love going to concerts and events and talking to people who share the things I love. I just love girlhood! <3333

2 comments:

  1. This is all so true haha, I saw Brand New Day and immediately logged back onto tumblr. Being a girl is so fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for the new xmen movies!

    ReplyDelete