Hello, my divas! Can you believe that it's already September? Where did the year go? Gosh, time does fly when you're having fun... or working every day. But serious question: do you ever have so much to do that you just do nothing? That's how I've been feeling recently. I know I have so many important things to do, but I can't bring myself to do them. For example, I had two days off, and I wanted to really apply for a lot of new j*bs, but within the whole 48 hours I didn't open my laptop even once to even glance at new positions. The first day I was off, I literally just spent time on my phone and fixing my nails, and then I just ran a bunch of errands the following day. In that aspect, I suppose I was a little productive, and I cleaned my room, but in my professional life, I feel stagnant. Which, yes, I'm still kinda young, but I feel so behind.
It is so hard not to compare myself to everyone around me. It seems everyone is getting married, or promoted, or getting a new degree, or moving to a fun new place. I'm still in my hometown, with no prospects and not that much money...

I just have a giant fear of not being good enough. Again, for my big girl j*b that I'm still working on, it just feels like there are not many entry-level positions open for anything. Which brings up another issue... guys...I don't know what I want to do with my life. In high school, when I was a freshman, I thought Oh! Okay, I'll be a nurse practitioner. That will make money, and that's what matters. Then I joined TV & Broadcast and thought that was what I wanted to do- work at a News Station, but film school was so male-dominated and male-centric that I couldn't do it, so I finished with Media Arts & Science. But it's so hard to even explain to myself, let alone other people, what I studied and what I want to do. I just feel lost and still. Though I have to admit, when I was doomscrolling, I saw a post that said, "No change comes from being comfortable." I think that post-graduation, I have gotten too used to being comfortable, which is fine, but I think to see progress, I need to push myself and embrace being uncomfortable and to embrace being scared.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk <333
absolutely, i feel like i waste every free day i have even if i am productive. if i didnt get more done i feel like i've done nothing with it
ReplyDeletethis is so relatable! I try to remember that not everyone's timeline is the same & it's never too late to do new things or change your path, more people feel lost than we think! I love telling people about how my aunt got her MBA in her late 40s & my mom found her career that she loves in the medical field around that same time.
ReplyDeletethat's so inspiring to me! thank you for sharing! <333
ReplyDelete